to teach is to serve
news and events
articles and workshops
Now Scheduling Recitals and Residencies for 2015.
Individual events or Short residencies (2 to 5 days) may include lectures, workshops, lessons, master classes and performances.
Programs are designed to suit the needs of local presenters.
- Sample Programs:
- Liszt, Religion and Death
- A PowerPoint presentation featuring a complete performance of Volume III of Liszt's Annees de Pelerinage.
- Liszt: 6 Etudes, 3 Petrarch Sonnets, Dante Sonata
Thomas Mastroianni (BS and MS, Juilliard; DMus, Indiana University) has performed recitals, concerti and chamber music
and has presented classes on musical topics in hundreds of venues on four continents. His recitals and recordings
feature the music of the Romantics and Impressionists. He is President of the American Liszt Society and recipient
of the Medal of the Hungarian Liszt Society, is co-director of Piano Programs at the Amalfi Coast Music and Arts Festival,
and is Professor Emeritus at The Catholic University of America
in Washington, DC.
- Pedaling and Color in Chopin's Piano Music
Phrasing, Macro-rhythm and Line in Performing Chopin
Chopin and the Visual Arts of his Day
Bel Canto in Chopin
Wellness - Chopin's Answer
The Physiology of Fingering
See below for other topics
- Workshops for Teachers:
- Repertoire Levels and Teaching Features in Chopin
Chopin's Physiology of Technique
- Master Classes and Private Lessons
For information on availability, scheduling and fees please contact: